Have you ever dreamt of having an endless supply of creamy, lemony, caramelly-goodness?
But then I created this slice and it’s all I’ve been able to think about. I could literally just forget about the rest of the food on the planet for at least a week..maybe two…and use the creamy filling in this for just about every meal. I hope it brings you as much happiness as it brought me. This recipe spoke to my taste-buds like a disney movie speaks to your soul.
I’m going to watch Frozen now.
You enjoy this recipe, okay?
Let me know what you’re happiness levels are like once you taste the lemony-caramel bits.
1/2 cup hazelnut meal
1/2 cup almond meal
1/3 cup arrowroot
10 pitted medjool dates
DELICIOUS CREAMY FILLING:
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
150g cashews (soaked for 2 hours)
2 tablespoons organic pure maple syrup OR your choice of sweetener.
1 generous teaspoon of Mesquite Powder (I use Loving Earth’s Mesquite Powder)
Rind of 1 lemon
PRETTY PLEASE WITH A GARNISH ON TOP:
1/2 cup roasted coconut chips
sprinkle of edible flowers
rind of 1/2 lemon
3/4 cup crushed walnuts
1. Place all ingredients for the base into a high power blended. Blend until well combined.
2. Press the mixture into the base of a springform pan.
3. Place ingredients for the filling into a high power blended and combine until they create a luscious smooth melt-your-soul texture.
4. Scoop out filling into the base with a spatula.
5. Lick the spatula because it tastes freaken amazeballs.
6. Combine toppings in a small bowl and mix through with your hands. Spread evenly over the top of the slice.
7. Leave slice to set in the fridge for 3-4 hours minimum.